When shopping for a new or used SUV, buyers know that there are few manufacturers in the world with a reputation as strong as Kia. With a long history of delivering high-quality vehicles that offer reliability as well as performance, Kia always leaves its customers happy, and the Kia Niro is no exception. If you are shopping to buy an SUV in McKinney, Texas, here’s what you need to know about buying a Kia Niro and what it can do for you.
Hybrid Efficiency in the Kia Niro
Images by Flickr by Automobile Italia
Whether you’re interested in driving as green as possible or saving money on fuel purchases, the Kia Niro Hybrid has you covered. Its hybrid engine allows it to get incredible fuel economy numbers that blow away its competition in the SUV market. During city driving, the Kia Niro delivers fuel performance up to 48 miles per gallon. This extends to an even more incredible limit of 53 miles per gallon on the highway, creating a combined rating of 50 miles per gallon. Just because you bought an SUV that can carry big loads doesn’t mean you need to spend big on fuel, too. The Kia Niro is often compared to the Toyota Rav4, but the following should be enough to keep you interested in the Niro.
Technology Features of the Kia Niro
Modern technology has seen us take leaps and bounds across nearly all electronic devices, and the interior systems of the Kia Niro are no different. When you purchase a Kia Niro, you benefit from a broad range of convenience technologies that make your Niro easier to use and more functional, including:
- Push Button Ignition: With a push-button starter, it’s never been easier to get your Kia Niro running and on the road.
- Remote Start: Using the Kia Niro fob, just press the ignition button to start the Niro’s engine. When winter arrives, you’ll also be glad to have remote start capabilities as it allows you to stay inside your warm home until your car comes up to temperature, helping you be comfortable and friendly as soon as you get inside of it.
- Smart Cruise Control: Using cruise control on the highway makes your drive easier and helps you operate your vehicle with more fuel efficiency. With Smart Cruise Control, the Kia Niro can monitor the distance from you to the car in front of you to maintain safe braking distances, then resume your intended speed when the road in front of you clears up.
- 10-way Power Driver’s Seat: Getting your seat to feel just right is easy with an adjustable driver’s seat that positions you high for maximum visibility on the road. Optional heating and ventilation make it even better, keeping you comfortable whether temperatures are high or low.
Entertainment Features of the Kia Niro
Taking a drive isn’t just about getting from where you are to where you’re going; it’s about enjoying the ride too. With the Kia Niro, there are many great entertainment features designed to make every drive you take as enjoyable as possible, including:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: The Kia Niro makes it easy to pair your phone with your vehicle, no matter what brand of phone you use.
- Touchscreen Display: The digital touchscreen display on the Kia Niro makes it easy for you to navigate through its different systems. The touch screen display makes accessing your climate control, sound system, and other technology features faster and safer with clear information and quick access.
- Wireless Charger: The Kia Niro includes wireless charging capabilities, so if you have a phone with wireless charging functionality, too, you don’t even need to plug it in; just place it on the pad and drive.
Safety Features of the Kia Niro
Your safety is tantamount on the roads, which is why the Kia Niro includes a broad range of outstanding safety features to help keep you and your passengers as safe as possible every time you take it for a drive. All the safety features are featured in the available trims of the Kia Niro. Some of the most notable safety features include:
- Automatic Emergency Braking: While warning systems that alert you to potentially dangerous situations are important, and the Kia Niro includes several, sometimes simply being alerted to a warning may not provide enough safety. With automatic emergency braking, your Kia Niro can automatically engage the brakes in an emergency situation to help you avoid a collision when a vehicle stops short in front of you or moves in front of you at slow speeds.
- Blind Spot Detection and Lane Keeping Monitoring & Assistance: Staying aware of others around you on the highway protects you and your fellow drivers. The Kia Niro has a range of highway safety features including blind-spot detection to let you know when there’s a vehicle you can’t see beside you. It also includes lane keep assist, which prevents you from leaving your lane when you don’t intend to.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning: While the rear-facing camera show you what’s behind you, the rear cross traffic collision warning system lets you know when a person or another is approaching from outside your field of vision. The Kia Niro does this every time you put your SUV in reverse.
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH): If you drive small children, then the LATCH system is a must. It provides a tether system for car seats that is easy to use and secure to keep your children snug and safe.
If you’re interested in learning more or purchasing a Kia Niro, the staff at Huffines Kia McKinney are here for you. We’ll work with you to find a Niro, or another one of our excellent automotive options that suit both your needs and budget. In addition, we can also help you get auto financing if you need it. For more information you can contact us online or by phone, or you can visit us directly at the dealership by following our online directions. We can’t wait to help you find your next SUV today.