With its rich history and arts, lively nightlife, delectable cuisine, fantastic shopping, exciting events, and welcoming community spirit, McKinney, Texas, is a well-liked vacation spot all year. But did you know it’s also a memorable destination for a romantic getaway? McKinney offers a variety of ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day, whether as a couple, as a group, during the day, or at night. Read below as Huffines Kia McKinney shares some of our top Valentine’s Day activities in and near McKinney.
Enjoy Dinner and a Movie
Try Moviehouse & Eatery McKinney for an unforgettable dinner and movie experience. It has 10 dine-in cinemas presenting current blockbusters and classics, each with comfortable recliners and assigned wait staff to take your order. Daily and seasonal specialties, beer, wine, and specialty cocktails are on the menu. Try the shaved ribeye sandwich with queso blanco and a Sparkling Strawberry 75 with Lunetta prosecco. The full-service bar in the lobby is a great place to enjoy a drink before your movie or a nightcap after the show. Moviehouse also holds events and accepts group reservations.
- Location: 8450 Texas State Highway 121, McKinney.
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. Monday through Sunday.
Take a Downtown McKinney Food Tour
Food Walks of Texas is a remarkable gastronomic journey through McKinney’s historic downtown that combines cuisine with history, architecture, and culture. You can choose from two different tour options. On the three-hour Historic Downtown McKinney tour, you can sample treats from six locally owned restaurants. The two-and-a-half-hour Quarantini Cocktail Tour is an adults-only tour of McKinney’s cocktail culture and is a terrific date night option.
Each tour has a knowledgeable guide providing insight into the city’s history, and your ticket covers all food and beverages, including two alcohol tastings.
- Location: 200 W. Virginia St., McKinney.
- Hours: Historic Downtown McKinney Food Tour: 10:45 a.m. on Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. on Saturday. Quarantini Cocktail Tour: 6 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday.
See McKinney From the Skies
Hot air balloon trips over McKinney’s picturesque countryside are available from Rohr Balloons, a company specializing in aerial entertainment. You can choose between a shared trip with other passengers or a private journey for you and your loved ones ages 7 and older. Each flight lasts about an hour and accommodates a maximum of four people. You can relax afterward during a champagne and hors d’oeuvres reception. Rohr organizes private engagement flights and has tethered rides for weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries.
- Location: 14933 County Road 525, Anna. Note: Flight meeting locations vary.
- Hours: Flights are available as early as 6:45 a.m. and as late as 3:45 p.m. Sunday through Saturday.
Go the Comedic Route
If laughter is your medicine, visit The Comedy Area, a comedy club that’s a creative outlet for local comedians, artists, and performers. You can attend a local comedian’s show or the free open mic night every Monday. The ComedySportz show is an excellent option for families because it features two teams of improvisers competing in various improv games and scenes and encourages audience participation. A full menu with beverages, appetizers, and burgers is available.
- Location: 305 E. Virginia St., Suite 104, McKinney.
- Hours: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Monday, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, 6:30 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Friday, and 5:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Saturday.
Make It a Spa Day
Pampering yourself and your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day is a romantic way to reconnect, relax stiff muscles, and ease into the holiday. Pavitra Organic Day Spa is a full-service eco-friendly boutique spa that offers everything from deep tissue massages to facials and body treatments. Spa packages offering a range of services are available for your self-care needs. It also offers private group events, making it an excellent choice for a Valentine’s Day celebration.
- Location: 205 W. Louisiana St., Suite 101, McKinney.
- Hours: By appointment only, Noon to 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday, 10 am to 6 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Attend a Wine Tasting
McKinney has a bustling wine industry and is home to many family-owned wineries that host wine tastings and tours, perfect for a date night or a night out with friends. Three wineries are McKinney favorites:
Serving McKinney since 2005, Landon is a staple in the community. Weekly art classes, game nights, wine dinners, and weekend festivals are regular events at Landon Winery.
- Location: 101 N. Kentucky St., McKinney.
- Hours: Noon to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, noon to 11 p.m. on Friday, and 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday.
4R Ranch is a sixth-generation family-owned vineyard and winery that hosts daily wine tastings Wednesday through Sunday in Historic McKinney Square.
- Location: 110 E. Louisiana St., Suite 100, McKinney.
- Hours: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday, 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, noon to 9 p.m. on Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Barons Creek Vineyards
Barons Creek Vineyards offers daily wine tastings with carefully curated tapas in an upscale environment. You can choose between two wine-tasting options, red or white. There’s also a large, covered patio to sit, sip, and relax.
- Location: 301 W. Louisiana St., McKinney.
- Hours: 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 2 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday, noon to 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
So, Huffines Kia McKinney has shared our ideas for casually celebrating Valentine’s Day. With all the options available, we’re confident you can find the perfect Valentine’s Day event, activity, or restaurant in McKinney, Texas. If you have a favorite Valentine’s Day activity you think should be on our list, contact us and let us know; we’re always looking to update our list.
You also want a comfortable vehicle to get to your Valentine’s Day destination. We’re glad to assist you in selecting a new or used Kia car that matches your needs. Huffines Kia McKinney’s knowledgeable team will help you every step of the way, from test-driving a new Kia to financing your vehicle.