Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming increasingly popular, with car manufacturers continually launching new and improved models. Kia’s EV6 was first launched in 2022 and signaled the company’s emergence as one of the top EV makers in the world. The 2024 model will likely launch in the fall of 2023 and promises to improve upon an already outstanding electric crossover SUV.
Three Trims Level To Choose From
While no official information is out yet regarding the 2024 Kia EV6’s trim levels, they’re likely to be similar to the 2023 model. The latter is currently available in our new vehicle inventory. The three trims you can choose from are the Wind, the GT-Line, and the GT. The following are some of the key features of each:
Although this will be the 2024 Kia EV6’s basic trim, it comes packed with useful features. They include:
- A fully digitized dashboard complete with a 12.3-inch digital instrument panel and a 12.3-inch touch-screen interface.
- Quick and easy smartphone connectivity through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- A wireless charging pad.
- Kia Connect technology, which allows you to perform multiple remote operations, such as locking and unlocking the vehicle, seeing its location on a map, and much more.
- Heated front seats with ventilated synthetic leather upholstery.
- Keyless entry and ignition.
- 19-inch alloy wheels.
- Memory settings for the driver’s seat.
The 2024 Kia EV6’s second trim builds on the basic model’s features while adding a sportier look. Some of this trim’s additions are:
- Door handles that automatically deploy and retract.
- A heads-up display that shows useful information on the vehicle’s windshield.
- A power sunroof.
- 20-inch alloy wheels.
- An auto-dimming rearview mirror that enhances nighttime visibility by reducing the glare from vehicle lights behind the Kia.
The top trim includes all features from the other two while adding some more. Some of the added features are:
- Standard all-wheel drive.
- 21-inch alloy wheels with performance tires.
- Performance-enhancing features, such as a rear limited-slip differential, performance brakes, and adaptive suspension dampers.
- Sport-looking pedal covers.
- Unique GT styling details.
Multiple Traction and Motor Configurations
All 2024 Kia EV6 trims come with a 77.4 kWh battery pack, but their power and range depend on which configuration you choose. The Wind and GT-Line come with a standard rear-wheel-drive electric motor that can generate up to 225 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. This configuration gives the EV6 an impressive range of 310 miles.
If you’d like to trade some of that range for extra power, you can add a second motor. This updates the traction to an all-wheel drive and boosts the engine to 320 horsepower and 446 lb-ft of torque. The range for this dual-motor configuration is 282 miles for the Wind trim and 252 miles for the GT-Line trim. The GT trim comes with a more powerful dual-motor configuration, producing up to 576 horsepower and 545 lb-ft of torque. The estimated range for this configuration is 206 miles, which is more than decent considering the available power and torque.
A Great Mix of Comfort and Performance
The 2024 Kia EV6 has all the perks of a classic SUV, such as comfort and storage space, but takes full advantage of its electric propulsion. The all-wheel-drive versions of the Wind and GT-Line trims reach a speed of 60 mph from a standstill in an astonishing 4.7 seconds. While this acceleration time rivals many much sportier and less spacious vehicles, the GT trim’s 3.2-second zero to 60 time is even more impressive. The vehicle’s suspension and steering systems are sporty and precise, helping you control all that power and acceleration.
Many Useful Active Safety Systems
Having intelligent systems to help you navigate through traffic is especially important when driving a vehicle as quick and agile as the Kia EV6. Some useful driving aids that are available as standard on the EV6 are:
- Adaptive cruise control: This keeps the vehicle at a preset speed and makes continual adjustments to keep a constant distance from the car in front.
- Forward collision warning with automatic braking: This issues a warning if it senses an imminent frontal collision and brakes automatically if it senses no input from the driver.
- Blind-spot warning with rear cross-traffic warning: This helps you when reversing or changing lanes by alerting you if another vehicle is in the Kia’s blind spot.
- Intersection collision mitigation system: This assists you in making safe left turns by alerting you if another vehicle is approaching.
- Lane-keeping system and lane departure mitigation system: They warn you if the vehicle begins drifting out of its original lane and even takes corrective measures to steer it back.
- Rear and front parking sensors: They display the distance between the 2024 Kia EV6 and any object located in front of or behind it.
- Safe exit assist: This monitors traffic coming from behind and alerts you if a vehicle is approaching while you’re opening the door.
A Technology package will also be available as an option for the standard trim and included in the other two. It will likely include the following:
- Surround-view camera system: It gives you a top-down view of the Kia, helping you maneuver the vehicle through tight spots.
- Automated parking system: It parks the car entirely by itself, even from outside the cabin, at the touch of a button.
- Rear automatic braking: automatically hits the brakes to avoid a collision with a stationary object while backing up.
- Blind-spot camera: shows an image of the vehicle’s blind spot on its instrument panel whenever you use the turn signal to help you identify any potential objects and vehicles in your vehicle’s blind spot.
Check Out Huffines Kia McKinney’s EV Inventory
If you’re looking to save money on gas and protect the environment, choosing a Kia EV is the way to go. Both our new and used vehicle inventories include EVs, so you can choose based on your preferences and budget. Contact us now or just come on by and check out our extensive Kia inventory at our McKinney, Texas, dealership today.